2 Columns on Home Page of Shoppica

ThemeBurn SupportForumsOpenCart ThemesShoppica OpenCart Theme2 Columns on Home Page of Shoppica

This topic has been marked as resolved.

I but this on the comments section and was ask to put this here: Can this template have 2 columns on the home page. The slider than a right column. this template is great, but need the extra colmn on the right. Had to purchase the kinder also and use it, but it does not have the colors like the shoppica. I have put the shoppica on site when it was said you can get 2 columns on the home page.  I have reinstalled shoppica on to my site which is opencart 1.5.1.3. But is using the Version 1.0.9

2nd -   Using version 1.0.9 before the upgrade to 1.0.10  Today I tried to upgrade to new verison and it tells me file header is damaged.  I tried 7-zip to extract and then winace and get the same message.  Should I still tried to upgrade when it did started working before the upgrade this week.

Thanks Sharon

October 11, 2011 at 7:17 pm #2329

Today I tried to upgrade to new verison and it tells me file header is damaged.

Please, re-download the .zip package from themeforest. They have uploaded a corrupted archive but the problem has been fixed recently.

October 11, 2011 at 9:00 pm #2343

1st question – did not get an answer – Can this template have 2 columns on the home page. The slider than a right column. this template is great, but need the extra colmn on the right.

Thanks Sharon

October 11, 2011 at 10:45 pm #2351

Hi,

Yes, you could have two columns on the home page, just like here:

http://shoppica.net/Electronics

You will need to assign some modules to the Home layout with Content Top/Bottom position and some with Content Right position.

The only thing you can’t move is the Shoppica product slider. It stays always over the two colums (like the example we gave you).

If you want the slider to be in the column, you will need to use the Slideshow module instead and load it with custom images.

Hope, we have helped.

Best regards,
ThemeBurn team

October 11, 2011 at 11:51 pm #2352

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but how can I achieve that two column layout on the categories page?

October 29, 2011 at 3:47 am #2998

Nevermind – found out how to do it. My own error; I was setting the columns as column left even though the Shoppica documentation clearly states to set the modules to Column_Right. Silly me!

October 30, 2011 at 1:56 am #3010
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.