Trouble with custom product fields

ThemeBurn SupportForumsOpenCart ThemesBurnEngineTrouble with custom product fields

This topic has been marked as resolved.

Hi ThemeBurn Team,

up until now I used the “Custom Product Tabs PRO” vqmod to handle additional product information. Now I’d like to switch over to your built-in solution. However, I have two problems that came up:

1. The language switcher on this page does not seem to work. When I edit a custom field I always see the same content in both my languages (the switch is there at the top of the site but it seems to be the same fields)

2. The tab name is not working correctly. When I add a custom field to the All Products -> Tab/Accordion the tab name is always “tab 3″, “tab 4″ and so forth. See here:

Could you please fix that?
If that means too much hassle could you probably offer a fix for the Custom Product Tabs PRO extension like you did for Pavilion?

Thanks & best,

September 7, 2016 at 3:46 pm #50756


sorry for the late answer.

We confirm there is an issue with your site, but it seems it is specific to your environment because we cannot reproduce it locally. We will need the website url, admin and ftp access, so we can check.

You can use hidepost to share private information with the support staff.

ThemeBurn team

September 15, 2016 at 5:39 pm #50965

Hi ThemeBurn team,

here you go:

Thanks for looking into this.

Whilst I am at it I have one suggestion for your SEO mod (the mod I used before had it and it’s very useful) -> An option to set “Use the longest path only as product URL. Because normally in OpenCart all URLs work, e.g. and
The setting that always forces the last option I found very useful.


September 16, 2016 at 11:18 am #50976

Hi, the issue with the custom product fields languages has been fixed in your store. The fix will be provided with the next theme update too.

About the tab names – you need to edit the tab block itself and update the tab names (see attached image).

We will consider your suggestion about the seo url for products. FYI the multiple urls for a single product are not an issue because of the canonical link presence.

ThemeBurn team

September 20, 2016 at 2:43 pm #51161

Hi ThemeBurn team,

thanks for the fix, works now. I also found where to rename the tabs.

You’re right of course, there are canonicals. However, these always go to whilst they should go to That would be much better.

Thanks & best,

September 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm #51173

Glad we’ve helped, Torge.

Already put the feature request in the “to do” list.

ThemeBurn team

September 22, 2016 at 5:01 pm #51274
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.