301 redirect losing stylesheet

ThemeBurn SupportForumsOpenCart ThemesShoppica 2 OpenCart Theme301 redirect losing stylesheet

This topic has been marked as resolved.

Hi!
After relaunching our shop with the new shoppica theme, we need to do a 301 redirect, to make Google find our new urls and delete the old ones.
Unfortunately we have not succeded with this and as a result our googleranks are dropping like at rock and the number of visitors are only half of what it was last year.
The problem is that the page directed to has no stylesheet and offcourse looks like (you know)
We have searched the internet and tried all kind of solutions but no luck so far.
Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone now how to solve this?

Kind regards
Pernille Fjeldgaard
http://www.santashop.dk

November 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm #15198

Can’t really understand if these issues have something to do with Shoppica or it is a general issue of yours. Shoppica does not mess with the opencart’s url scheme. Can you give us a concrete example what went wrong ?

November 16, 2012 at 1:03 pm #15261

I will return with more informations, as soon as my technical assistant returns from work.

November 16, 2012 at 4:32 pm #15275

And I am back.

As explained earlyer, the redirects created in the .htaccess file redirects to the right page, but have no stylesheet attatched to it.
So we have been consulting someone who knows a bit more about redirects than we do and he says “That’s likely an issue with how the stylesheet links are coded — Shoppica seems to insert variables into the tag, which is probably a problem for the redirects.”

I don’t know if that can be the problem, and I would like Your input in this matter.
Loosing all the Google juice really have cost us a lot of money.

Kind regards
Pernille Fjeldgaard
Santashop.dk

December 7, 2012 at 4:04 pm #15774

Can you give us an example with a concrete URL – the old one and the new one, so we can see how the stylesheet is messed up and how much is this connected with Shoppica ?

December 11, 2012 at 10:31 am #15852

Hi

“Technical assistent” here !

I tried really hard documenting this behaviour for you to see (screen dumps, rewrite logs and the likes …) and somewhere along this path I wanted to let you see it on our testserver. In trying that I (by accident) got the RewriteRule used for removing 404 errors moved to the right side of the RewriteCond/RewriteRule for the SEO friendly URLs like this

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
#remove 404 error begin
RewriteRule ^pixy-nisserne-.* Nisser/Pixy-Co? [L,R=301]
#remove 404 error end
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

pixy-nisserne is part of (one of) our original SEO friendly URL.

And suddenly … a light at the end of the tunnel … the correct rewrite happened.

So the problem came from my inexperience in using rewrite/htaccess and resulted in this thread, but we are now able to make the correct rewrites.

Thank you for your responses and apologies for using your time

Best regards
Allan
http://www.santashop.dk

• This reply was modified 4172 days ago by  Sally4weeks.
December 12, 2012 at 2:59 am #15911
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.